Want your gaming pics spiced up with shooting and gunsmoke effects like the ones below? Great for blogs, battle reports etc. Any era, WW2 tanks firing or burning for Shermans! If so I'll do it for ya for £2.50 per pic via Paypal, email me at email@example.com and Ill do it and email em back........
Finished a comission for Steve Hales of Victrix today, had to take some photos, these are superb miniatures, highly detailed, varied and poseable, really pleased with em. 36 figires, 4 command, 4 Grenadier Company, 4 Voltigeurs, 24 line infantry in colours of 4 companies. A pleasure to paint.
Thought I'd post a quick how to for painting faces n flesh on 28mm miniatures, heres my process with the exact paints used.
1. Undercoat with old GW Tallarn flesh foundation.
2. Wash with new GW reikland fleshwash (An excellent product)
3. Mix a tiny amount of new GW macragge blue base paint with GW cadian fleshtone layer, be subtle, paint this on sideburns, chin and upper lip, leave bottom lip the washed Tallarn flesh.
4. Paint cheeks, nose, eyebrows and forehead with cadian fleshtone leave small gaps of darked washed tallarn flesh. The new GW layer colours are gel based and are superb for blending. Using them you get a much more subtle blend.
5. Highlight cheeks, nose (use spot for bridge n spot for end) eyebrows and forhead, stay inside the cadian flesh tone, a good Kolinsky sable is a godsend here.
6. Eyes, i paint a narrow black stripe and add 2 small dots with GW ceramite white base, a superb white that covers in one coat.
7. Hair inc beards n taches, paint a brown, sand etc and use variety of colours. Wash with new GW agrax earthshade, highlight raised ridges with original colour, super highlight by adding a tiny bit of GW bleached bone and be subtle, think where light would land and remember "Less is more".
These are superb models, i'm painting some French for Steve Hales from Victrix and couldnt resist working on some of my own. I have 2 x 24 man battalions made from 12 centre and 12 flank company with officers, standards and drummers. These have the Victrix transfers on bottle and backpacks, fiddly but superb, first unit is 3rd foot "The Buffs".
Pro Painter who does a bit of psychiatric Nursing. Have painted for Kingmaker, Warlord Games, Gripping Beast and Old Glory as well as loads of private commision work, my miniatures have featured on the cover of Wargames Illustrated, numerous websites and in WAB v2, hail Caesar and Bolt action, where Im credited as a contributer. If interested in commision work email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I can post worldwide.